I've linked to Amazon for each piece for people that don't live in Minneapolis, but I recommend checking out some of the local stores in your area that sell baby gear. If you do live in Minneapolis and want to take a trip out of the house (meaning it must be June, July or August), I love Peapods and Baby on Grand.
2. Aromatherapy and Massage for Mother and Baby: I have loved this book through two pregnancies and continue to use it. If I had to pick one pregnancy, aromatherapy, massage, or body care book to take with me to a deserted island, this would be it!
3. Thirsties Duo Wrap: We have tried quite a few different diaper covers, but I think these are the best all-around wraps.
4. green sprouts Stacking Cup Set: The simplest things are always the most fun. These little cups have different hole patterns in the bottom, making different patterns, sounds and sensations when water runs through. We love playing with these in the bath!
|Green Sprouts Stacking Cups|
6. Moby Wrap Original 100% Cotton Solid Baby Carrier: I could write odes, sonnets, haikus to my Moby... you get the idea. Essential.
7. Baby Jogger 2010 City Mini Double Stroller: If you are adding baby #2 and are looking for a double stroller, this is IT. We LOVE.
8. Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer: For when you need to be absolutely sure. It gives a reading in seconds, which is good when you have a little thermometer up your babies ass.
9. OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray: Not essential, but pretty handy. The lid makes it so I can stack them easily in my small freezer, the cubes come out very easily and it hasn't broken yet!
10. Cuisinart CSB-76BC SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender: I don't care what kind you get (I have the Cuisanart), but if you are serious about making baby food, this is a must. I LOVE mine. I don't know how I existed without it.
11. California Baby: Great products for baby, worth the expense! They score very well on the Cosmetics Database. We especially love their shampoo and body wash and diaper rash cream.
|Luna in her Thirsties Duo|
13. Wee Gallery Art Flash Cards for Baby: The black and white illustrations are adorable and mesmerizing.
14. Earth's Best Organic Formula: When I was pregnant with Luna, I never even considered that we would have to use formula. However, because of many feeding problems, we were forced to use it some of the time, and I was happy to find this organic version so that we didn't have to feed her SimiCrap. Whole Foods had the best price and gives a case discount of 10%.
15. Kindle: Not for baby, for you! This has become my best friend for long breast feeding sessions. Books are hard because they are heavy and turning pages with one hand is impossible. Kindle is light and easy to manage when one hand is stuck under a baby. Definitely invest in Scrabble for the Kindle as well!
Anything that you found essential that you would add to this list? I'm curious!