Saturday, February 26, 2011

welcome dakota!

She's here! This Wednesday, February 23, Dakota Alicia Star Bilges came to join us. We are now a family of four! I am still trying to wrap my head around that one- everything still has a feeling of un-realness to it.

After having a horrible birth experience with Luna, I was really dreading this birth. With Luna we had such high expectations of what we wanted the birth experience to be, and nothing turned out like we planned it. I realized at some point that I was dreading this birth because I was visualizing a similar experience. My midwives helped me to visualize a positive experience ahead of time, which was very helpful in those last months.

And it did turn out to be a great experience this time! I had a wonderful midwife and nurse that stayed with us constantly and helped me through the contractions and pain. They were very supportive when I decided to get the epidural and still stayed with me. We actually had a great time in the hospital- very supportive and respectful staff, all around. What a change from only a year ago!

Now we're just hanging out at home enjoying our newer, bigger family. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...