Sunday, February 6, 2011

Late Night Silver Polishing

Trying to be more regular about polishing my silver. Silver is almost all I wear every day, and it seems to like to tarnish around  me. I, however, am notoriously lazy about cleaning it. In my younger, more wasteful days I remember throwing out jewelry rather than cleaning it.

I have a great silver polish recipe that I use now:

Fill a bowl with:
-Water
-1-2 Tblsp cream of tartar (buy bulk cheap at Seward Coop or The Wedge)
-1-2 strips of aluminum foil

Throw in silver for about an hour. Rinse and dry with soft cloth. Leave in longer if really tarnished.

Or just rub your silver with a little toothpaste and peppermint essential oil.

Just do it regularly or it gets harder to clean!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...