Friday, April 15, 2011

back to work

Back to work next week! I can't believe this time has gone by so fast. Granted, I took way less time with Dakota than Luna- unfortunately, the pocket book has it's own demands.

I wish I could be like this woman, Licia Ronzulli, an Italian member of the European Parliament.

On taking her newborn to work, she said:

"It was not a political gesture. It was first of all a maternal gesture—that I wanted to stay with my daughter as much as possible, and to remind people that there are women who do not have this opportunity [to bring their children to work], that we should do something to talk about this."


Thank you Licia! Although there are points when Dakota drives me crazy, I am not ready to leave her everyday for an extended period of time. She is only two months old, and still needs to be close to her mother. I wish I could bring her to work in the Moby.. Although when I visited work this week with her it really distracted the kids (I work in an elementary school). It was sweet though- kids love seeing babies!


Sigh.. maybe one day things will be different. As for now, goodbye all day cuddling, hello sad goodbyes, pumping in the conference room, and crazy daily homecomings. Sniff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...