Monday, April 11, 2011

stress

Rolling around on the web today I found this:


Perfect for me. I get stressed really easily. Lately, I tend to sit on the couch feeding Dakota, looking around the room, and thinking about all the things that I need to get done, want to get done, and am procrastinating on. Getting my crap together to go back to work. Cleaning the floor. Cleaning the kitchen. Opening mail. Making a new mobile for Dakota. And on, and on, and on. And all I can do is sit there and drive myself crazy about it, because I have a newborn and a 16 month old, and they are taking pretty much all my time and energy at the moment.

This little list just reminds me of what I already know to work- Relax, and do one thing at a time. Good. Yesterday Dustin and I cleaned out some drawers and the hallway. Something little, that had been bothering me, that took only a little bit of time, but made me feel better. Like I had accomplished something.

Today I worked on "Get enough sleep"and took a nap with Dakota instead of doing anything else. Heavenly!

1 comment:

  1. Also add to your list….enjoy the beauty of feeding Dakota! Seriously it’ll be a matter of milliseconds before she no longer breastfeeds. It is one of the most beautiful things to give to your child and a wonderful way to bond. I wish I would have listened to my own words 9 months ago!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...