Monday, March 21, 2011

two baby busy

Today was one of those days that I feel is but a glimpse into my future. And my future looks really, really busy.

Like this post- I've had to leave it and come back to it about 10 times.

Dakota was up at about 3:30 am, and did not want to fall back asleep until about 7 am. Which is when Luna wakes up. Luckily Dustin got up with Luna this morning, and gave me a couple of hours of sleep. All day long I was either nursing Dakota or trying to give attention to a still sensitive Luna. When I wasn't doing either of those things I was trying to eat, or shower, or clean.

I know that things are only going to get more hectic, as I go back to work, and Dakota gets older and more energized. I can't even imagine...

Things that are helping me right now:
  • Tag teaming. What if there weren't two of us? What if we had three or four kids? I have even more respect and awe for single mothers and fathers at this point. I don't know how you all do it.
  • Having a helpful partner. Yes, there are times when I want to kill him, because I do more cleaning, or getting up with the babies, or going to appointments, or cook dinner, or whatever. But the fact is that I do have a partner that makes an effort to be part of a team. He does pitch in with the dishes (which he hates) and he has been making an effort to clean the bathroom to my standards (actually using a disinfectant and getting into the corner behind the toilet). Currently he is doing everything he can to quiet this fussy, fussy baby. He is not one of those men that considers all this "women's work" (yes, those men still exist), he does care about me and my sanity, and for that I am very, very grateful. And again, props to you single parents out there.
  • The fact that I am on maternity leave. This is going to be much, much harder when I go back to work. 
  • Being organized. The more organized, the better. If I know where everything is, I waste less time searching for it. Of course, there is always room for improvement (as I think about my closets, especially my clothes closet, which I can't even walk into at the moment)...
  • Stepping back and remembering what is important. It's easy to get caught up in how hard everything is, or the stress of all the crap that I have to do, but I'm trying to remember the big picture: That I love my family and that I need to enjoy them. Because if I don't, what is the point of all this? 
The point is that two babies are much harder than one, but twice as cute and fun. And I am going to need to stock up on a lot more coffee.

amusing themselves- for the moment...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...